New Year, New Me?


Image result for new year new me

New Year, New Me?

Everyone always goes on about New Year, New Me but how many of them actually stick to their New Years resolutions realistically? Probably not many. My New Year, New Me resolutions (you may want to call them that) has been built up over months of thought, processing and progressing as a human. My resolutions for 2019 aren't some rubbish made up on the day to try to work towards but you all know, you will fail at keeping this up...such as not eating chocolate, going to the gym or not having alcohol but realistically, these fail within the first month, if not the first few days! 

I have thought long and hard about what I want to get out of my life and I have thought about the type of person i was and how I can work my way back to that person. The person I miss. This person was happy, full of life and energy, loved going out, loved being surrounded by loads of people and loved helping those in need. This past year, with everything that has gone on, I lost touch of my true self and my true beliefs. 

My New Years resolutions have been thought about and I am happy with myself knowing they are goals that I will actually follow and stick too. I want to focus on loving me for who I am while developing and growing as a person. My New Year starts February. The beginning of this year has already gone down hill but a new month, is a new start. 

I want to work on self-love. As a "bigger" girl, I have never felt that love towards myself. I have only ever received it from others and that is no way to live. Having to constantly look for others to give you that love you should already have deep inside you. Self-love is hard to find but once you have found it, you have it. It may disappear for a while but it will always find its way back. Self-love is about not just the physical parts of your body but also the mental parts. You can never truly love your body unless you love your mind. Once you love your mind and its ability, you will love all of you. Mental health is extremely important and you need to take care of your mind before anything else. Get in that great state of mind, get to the happy side, get the positive energy flowing and you then, have found yourself. You will know when you have found yourself - you will feel different in yourself, happier, healthier, positive and most important, like you belong. Self-love is about loving who you are, loving what you are, what you have become and what you are going to become in future. You can't just pin point one area regarding self-love as that isn't how it works. You have to focus on yourself as a whole being and treat every little section with love and care. 


I also want to become a better person. Once I have found myself and focused on self-love, I want to become a better person. I want to help others more, I want to hold the door open more, I want to smile at strangers more, I just want to make someones day. I have always took pride in how kind I am to others. I usually do hold doors open, say please and thank you, speak to those who speak to me first on the street - like the people trying to sell you something or the homeless. I feel like a bit of kindness can make anyone's world 100% better. Taking these small acts of kindness into your everyday, will create joy and happiness for those you least expect it to impact. 

Thank you all for reading - I know it is a bit late (nearly a month too late) but I thought it is still worth sharing how I want my year to go.

If you have any questions or comments, you can find me at My Journey with Endometriosis on Facebook and @Caitlin_mylifeonablog on Instagram.

Caitlin x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Highlighter Palette

Endometriosis

Introduction